Tuesday 19 February 2008

Today I am thankful for ...

FRIENDS!!! I don't know about you, but sometimes I have a day or two where I just feel (in Charlie Brown's words!) "Blah!" You know ... nothing specific has happened, you're not sick, sad, mad, frustrated - you just don't feel good. On those sort of days, I'm particularly thankful for my friends! I have to admit to having a couple of "Blah!" days this week, but thankfully, my two belly dancing buddies, Deb and Lynda, were on hand to have a cuppa, a chat and a giggle to make me feel better.




We all met when we were attending weekly belly dancing classes. (I know - there's a mental picture you could probably have done without! Tee! Hee! Hee!) Then, we started going out for coffee after our class, then lunch, then we started getting together outside of our dance class times and before you know it, we became the Triple Trouble Trio!! We come from different backgrounds, different life paths, yet somehow, we find common ground in the shared outings, cuppas and laughter. The friendship has grown and flourished, so that we now know we can lean on the other two for support. In the language of our belly dancing - we've formed our own tribe! So ... today, I am VERY thankful for my friends! May you be blessed with some good friends, too, and remember to let them know how special they are to you, because they are more precious and rare than diamonds!!

CHEERS!
KRIS

2 comments:

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Hi Kris,
Friends certainly make life BEARable. Glad to hear you have surrounded yourself with such lovely people.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Linda Lilly Cottage said...

Now that sounds like a wonderful tribe of friends.....and so much fun and even better they let you put their picture on your blog...they are good friends, mine would go running a mile if I even tried to take their photo! Kiss noises Linda Lilly Cottage.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...