Friday 24 October 2008

Slowly But Surely ...!

That's how the turtle won his race with the hare, according to Aesop, but in Lynette Anderson's BOM, the rabbits came first and my turtles, or tortoises, have DEFINITELY been a bit slow and steady in putting in an appearance. However ... after attending some staff training sessions with my beloved Geek Boy last weekend (after all, I am VERY practiced at stitching while I listen!), Mr and Mrs Tortoise have arrived on the scene, along with their hitchhiking birdy buddies, Mr and Mrs Tweet!! Tee! Hee! Hee! Here is the slow-moving travel party ...



You'll see I've done my usual trick of dressing the two ladies, with a bow in her feathery hair for Mrs Tweet and a flower behind her ear for Mrs Tortoise (cos everyone known tortoises don't have hair!!), while the two menfolk have gussied up with spiffy bow ties. And my Noah's Ark BOM project so far ...


I'm really happy with how the colours are all looking together, though I may end up shuffling the order around a little bit. I'm going to wait and see what it all looks like finished, but I may also add a few extra log cabin blocks to make it big enough to be a lap quilt - I'll see how much enthusiasm and energy I have when the time comes! In the meantime, I'm enjoying stitching Lynette's little blocks very much - Thanks Lynette!!

Only one more day left to pop your comment on my "Celebrations" post to help me celebrate 100 (plus one!) posts and be in the draw for one of two Stitchers Surprise Packs. I've been absolutely gobsmacked by how many of you have popped in to say congrats and hello - I do hope you'll all pop in from time to time to leave me more comments so I don't think I'm chatting to myself! Mind you ... that happens in real life quite frequently, so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised if it happens in blogland! Tee! Hee! Hee!

Actually, I popped into my fave patchwork shop, Quilters' Angel, on my way home from work on Thursday to look for a few bits and bobs to go in the prize packs, and instead, this box followed me home ...


Aren't they GORGEOUS!! Almost too pretty to use!! Here's a closer view ...


I'd love to keep these myself, but got them with birthday and/or Christmas presents in mind. Hmmm ... may have to go back and buy myself a set!!! I also had the chance to sit down and catch up with Marian over a cuppa, which was great. We're usually both going a million miles an hour in different directions and only get to have a quick chat in passing, so it was lovely to catch up a bit. There was also a bit of secret squirrel business about an event Marian is planning for next year - it sounds VERY exciting, but SHHHHHHHH!! Don't tell anyone yet! Will fill you in on all the goss as soon as plans are a little firmer!!

Now I'm just about to head back to my sewing room, where I spent the morning hard at work (well, sort of! Since I enjoy sewing it doesn't usually FEEL like work!!) but before I do, I have to pass on a great big

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAR HUG!!!

To by blogging buddy, Kerryanne!! Hope you've had a lovely day, today and that you've felt very spoilt - because you're worth it!! Tee! Hee! Hee! Remember to measure your life in friends, not years!

So ... that's it from the Meares Madhouse for today - I'll be back with the names of two prize-winners tomorrow, so if you haven't already - you'd better get commenting! Til then - Bear Hugs!

CHEERS!
KRIS

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me first, me first!

Zooming in to say hi and bye!

Yeah, I was a bad girl at a fabric shop recently too...story of my crafting life!

Luv Deb

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Hi sweets,

Thank you for your lovely birthday wishes. I did have a lovely day and while I don't cherish turning another year older, it is fun to watch the day through my childrens eyes. Kids love birthdays a lot more than adults...LOL

Your BOM quilt is looking fabulous.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Anonymous said...

Hi Kris
Love the spoons. Must admit that I have looked at them a many a time that I have been into Quilters Angel over the last couple of weeks but have always been strong and left them behind. Maybe one day they will also follow me home. Ann-Maree

Judy S. said...

Hi Kris, Yep, you are ahead of me as I just finished September's BOM. Couldn't get inspired to do it as it wasn't as interesting (to me) as usual....now onto October's because time is running out! I like your borders. Did you enlarge them? I've thought about doing that, too. I've kept all of the stitcheries on one piece of fabric so as not to lose them so will have lots of finishing to do at them end. BTW, how did you determine which critters were the females? ;>) And I'm still wondering where the other cat is....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...