Wednesday 5 November 2008

Foggy Bloggy!!

Hmmm ... I think the "foggy" part of my title applies to me as well as the weather!! After a REALLY busy weekend, I just don't seem to have got going on all four cylinders this week. (you'll notice that in these tight economic times I'm comparing myself to the economy model of vehicle! Tee! Hee! Hee!) I seem to have done more procrastinating than achieving and more day-dreaming than doing!! SIGH! I'm sure my energy will come back soon - I hope! - cos that list of "Things To Do" is NOT getting any shorter!!

And while my 'foggy' brain made me miss one appointment (Oops! Rescheduled for next week now!!) I DID manage to remember that I was meeting Leanne May of Candlelight Creations for lunch. After chatting back and forth via email and blogs, the 'light' suddenly dawned on us both that not only do we both live in Toowoomba, we both work at Highfields, so SURELY we could manage to meet up for a cuppa or lunch somewhere along the track! So, today we did so and had a lovely time. There is no photographic evidence of our lunch for two reasons. Firstly, the damp foggy weather meant we were both having a frizzy hair day (a fact we commiserated over!!). Secondly - we both forgot our cameras! Tee! Hee! Hee! Leanne is busily getting some new patterns ready for a trade show, so has been burning the midnight oil. Pop across to her blog and scroll back through a few posts to enjoy some sneaky peeks at her GORGEOUS re-vamped Tea Time Roses pattern - I love the spots!!

I also took the opportunity to pop into Quilters Angel to say g'day to Marian and we chatted about some secret squirrel plans for January - very exciting!! So, stay tuned for details once we've nutted things out! You will be very surprised to hear (I know my beloved Geek Boy was!!) that I DIDN'T purchase anything today!! See - told you I haven't been my usual self! Tee! Hee! Hee! However, I did eye off a few yummy fabrics that I'll probably go back for sometime soon!!

Now the other reason I included the "foggy" in the title was our weather today. It didn't start out foggy this morning, but after an overcast start to the day, the weather gradually closed in and by lunch time, there was drizzly rain and thick, pea-soup fog. This was NOT fun to drive in, especially as many people hadn't thought to put their headlights on and I was a bit worried that my poor Baby car was going to end up in someones boot before I realised they were there! However, after safely reaching home, I wandered into the backyard to see how much rain we'd had. Not enough to register at that point (though it's been raining nicely for the last hour or so tonight!) but as I turned to go inside, I saw ...


Isn't this jacaranda tree GORGEOUS!! I love the deep blue/purple of the flowers and one day intend to paint my sewing room this colour, but this wonderful tree (that is actually in my neighbour's yard) looked even more magical cloaked in the fog. I'm pretty sure I saw fairies peeking out from behind the petals!! The other little face I saw peeking out of the garden was this one ...


Can you spot the little feathered friend I found in the grevillia? There were actually two of these cuties flitting around, but they were a little camera shy, so this was the best I could get.

So ... I still didn't get much achieved for the day, but I did enjoy my sojourn in the back yard. Perhaps I'll get my act together tomorrow and get some stitching/instruction writing/designing done. I do hope so, cos my week has just about run out!! Hope you're having a productive week - or at least enjoying your procrastinations!! Tee! Hee! Hee! Til next time - Bear Hugs!

CHEERS!
KRIS

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Lack of energy must be happening everywhere! I am in the same boat actually...who knows whats going on! Love the jacaranda photo....I so love these tree's they are just beautiful...messy but beautiful! Jo xo

Judy S. said...

Thanks, Kris, for the beautiful photo of the jacaranda. We first saw them in San Diego! The climate there is supposedly similar to Australia, and some of "your" greenery grows very happily there. The zoo is able to have koalas because eucalyptus have been grown in CA since the railroad days when they were planted to use for rail road ties!
Loved the bird photo, too.....say, do you have your needles fired up for #9? I still haven't done 8...got some knitting projects that are taking priority at the moment.

Stina Blomgren said...

Oh my goodness..I thought the picture of the jacaranda was an all foggy picture...just a bit odd ...that the fog just was at that tree...;o) Oh Stupid me...and you says all this is flowers...!!!! Im stunned...You have to go to your neighbour and take a close up picture...Cant belive this!!!! And welcome to the club No Achieving...it is like this at my house too...;o)

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Aahh Kris...we all have those weeks occasionally. Just sit back, enjoy the rest and I'm sure your creativity will return in no time.

Love the Jacaranda tree. They always make me think of D'Arcy Doyle paintings. He seemed to always include them in the background somewhere.
Hugs and jugs,
Kerryanne

Jo in TAS said...

Must be exam time in Queensland? That's what I remember my Mum saying whenever the Jacarandas were in bloom...Oh how I miss Queensland...sighh!

Anonymous said...

That's one gorgeious tree, Kris. I'm smiling as I look at it. And wishing I was there...

Carin said...

Great pictures! I hope your mental fog lifts for you soon. The fog creeps me out! I read to many Stephen King books when I was younger.

Gail McCormack said...

Hi Kris
No I'm not having a productive week at all, I seem to have been running around sourcing out materials that all of a sudden decided to run out at the same time.
Wow the fog look a little scarey, glad you enjoyed your lunch, bad hair or not!
Do you know how to convert yourself to six cylinders, if yes could you let me know

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...