Monday 24 August 2009

Bear Hugs All Round!!




Well ... maybe it's only ME who's BEAR hugging all round, but there sure is going to be a LOT of HUGGING going on in September and I'm pleased to be part of it! You see, Jenny at Elefantz and Vicki from Tozz's Corner are hosting a ...
HUG SWAP!
Now, since I'm firmly of the belief that you can NEVER have too many BEARS or HUGS ... I've asked Jenny to COUNT ME IN!! I know, I know ... I said I was going to only sign up for ONE swap this year, the SSCS swap with Chookyblue - something my Beloved Geek boy was VERY quick to point out!!! However, since I already spread hugs when I sign off (see bottom of page if you don't remember what I mean!!) and Jenny and Vicki have put some pretty strict guidelines on this swap ... I decided I could manage another deadline.

According to Jenny:

"The main purpose of this swap is to make it a beautiful but inexpensive swap, especially for those who are unable to participate in other swaps due to postage costs overseas or due to items being large or heavy (also expensive to post). This swap is a size that can be posted in a mid-size envelope - much cheaper posting within countries and overseas, as it can post as a letter.

There are a few rules to this swap.
1. You must post your partner 2 items - a Mug Hug, and a Mug Mat. They can lay flat when packed, and fit in a medium sized envelope.
2. You must not post anything else in the parcel! This is very important. Remember, many people cannot afford to add extra items or pay large postage so this way no-one feels bad if they cannot add extra items.
3. Do NOT sign up for this swap if you do not think you can get the items made and posted by September 25th. We are aiming for an October 5th delivery date.
4. You must show the HUG SWAP button on your blog. Simply cut and paste the button photo from the top of this post, save it to your computer, upload it to your blog THEN link it to either my (Jenny's) or Vicki's blog."

So ... there you go! While finding all the bits and bobs to add to swaps is fun, I also thought it would be fun to throttle back with this lovely simple swap with a sentiment close to my heart. Yeah ... no worries!! I can add two more things to my "To Do" list. Oops! Did you just hear said list SCREAM! Tee! Hee! Hee! If you'd like to join in the Hug-A-Thon, pop over to visit Jenny.

I do have some photos from our weekend to share, but have to scoot off for now, so shall be back tomorrow to let you know what we got up to. Til then - BEAR HUGS!!

CHEERS!
KRIS

3 comments:

Carin said...

I knew you could never stick to one swap LOL!

Great swap idea.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Sending big HUGS for spreading the word -I mean {{{{HUGS!!!}}}} around. ;-)

RebeccaMom said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the encouraging words! you are awesome! * hugs*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...