Monday 3 May 2010

OPAM Winners for April!!

The Meares' Madhouse is bustling with activity and the rest of the day looks to be busy, so I thought I'd grab a few minutes to let you all know who the winners for the OPAM end of month draw for April were. Firstly, can I say a big "THANK YOU!" To everyone who emailed their tally of finishes to Peg and I - it really is a big help to us - even if you dropped us a line to say you hadn't finished anything for April, it was a help. And thanks to you all for making sure your sidebar list of finishes was up-to-date ... there were only a few this month that hadn't been updated. This, too, makes our job of blog-hopping to collect finishes much easier - we can pop in, see your tally of finishes really quickly and pop along to the next blog on our lists.

OK ... drum roll please ...


April winners for OPAM were:




Congratulations to all three of you - if you email your snail mail addresses to me, I shall pop your surprises in the mail. Oh ... and a little note from last month ... CJ can you please email Peg your full name so she can post off your prize.

And a big CONGRATULATIONS to everyone involved in OPAM again this month because between us, we finished 526 projects! WOW! How good is THAT!! I just wish I could lay claim to a few more of them - I still seem to be much better at STARTING projects than FINISHING them! :0) And to all of you who didn't actually get anything finished to add to your tally, but made some progress on some bigger projects - WELL DONE! Sometimes that sort of stitching is harder because we don't have something finished to remind us of our work and what we've achieved, but even advancing a quilt by a block or two, or adding a border is worthwhile progress ... especially if you make sure you're enjoying the process of creating something along the way! :0)

Right ... well I'm now off to play outside. Yes, a new clothesline has been purchased from Bunnings and you just KNOW we didn't get out of there with ONLY the clothesline ... I think it's something they put in the air at Bunnings that you always come home with lots more than you set out to buy ... bit like quilting shops! Tee! Hee! Hee! I'll be back with photos soon to show you why I was outside instead of inside stitching. Hope you're all having a fabulous weekend! Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS

7 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

WOW...526 that's fantastic!!! Thanks to you and Peg for organizing this...already I'm thinking what could it be for May...Enjoy the new clotheseline...Dzintra♥x

Melissa ;-) said...

Oh, cool!!! Thank you so much, both for the prize and for the motivation to get something done each month!

Maria said...

Congratulations to the winners.

You are right Bunnings and fabric shops do put something in the air that make us BUY!

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Congratulations to the winners.
What a creative bunch the OPAM members are.
Glad to hear you have a new clothesline Kris - that'll make life easier.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Grethe said...

Congrats to winners!! 526, wish that was my number of UFOs that was done. May be I`ll send one to each of you lot.OK? Well, I have not counted mine; may be a good thing to make a list?? Anyway I`ll be working hard to have more than two for May :-)

Sonia said...

526 is amazing....and I thought I did will with 13 - super effort girls,and congrats to the winners...

Thearica said...

Congratulations to the winners!!

WOW!! 526 finishes!! WE are all winners!! yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...