Monday 29 August 2011

When Blogging Buddies Meet!!

When I began my blogging journey some four years ago (WOW! Time sure flies when you're having fun!!) little did I realise that not only would I 'meet' some fantastic, like-minded people from all around the world, but that I would also make two of my closest friends. The first blog I began to follow was Kerryanne's gorgeous blog Shabby Art Boutique.


I had bought some decorative art patterns from Kerryanne previously and when someone suggested I should promote my design business via a blog, hers was the blog I turned to for inspiration. Then, through visiting some of the other blogs on Kerryanne's sidebar, I discovered the vintage treasures and pretties on the Lilly Cottage blog and 'met' the Lovely Lilly Linda.


These, my first two 'blogging buddies', have since become wonderful, supportive and encouraging friends. We've chatted via blog comments, emails and phone calls. I was then able to meet up with the Lovely Linda who lived not-too-far-away in Brisbane, then on her island. We've enjoyed many play dates now and the friendship has only grown. So you can see why both Linda and I were keen to have a 'real-life' play date with the gorgeous Kerryanne, too ... after all ... we often joke that we three have SOOOOOO much in common that we are obviously triplets separated at birth! :0)

Now ... with that back-story in mind, imagine how excited the three of us have been in the last few weeks as we FINALLY got to plan our collective play date!!! WOO! HOO!! The date was set, the house rental organised at the picturesque Mt Tambourine, plans made, stitching prepared, bags packed, husbands told to be on their best behaviour (just kidding ... they're all pretty well-behaved to start with! Tee! Hee! Hee!) ... and we were ON OUR WAY!! We all set off on Thursday and since my Beloved Geek Boy and I had both taken the day off work and only had a couple of hours to travel, we were first to arrive.


Here is the lovely holiday home we'd rented ... plenty of room for three couples ... and all of our sewing paraphernalia! Tee! Hee! Hee! And the views ...

Those white dots are the highrise buildings of the Gold Coast and the blue smudgy bit just above them is the ocean. A little closer look ...


You can see the skyscrapers a little better in this one ... shame about those power lines, but at night it didn't matter ... you couldn't see the wires and the lights of the coast sparkled like a Christmas tree ... my poor little point-and-shoot camera just wasn't able to capture that part of the view! :0)

Couple by couple, we arrived and there were big hugs, squooshy bear hugs and kiss noises all round ... I think the husbands were a bit overwhelmed by it all, but they were very good sports about it! :0) After claiming our rooms ... this was where GB and I camped ...



... we rustled up some drinks and nibbles and settled in on the huge front deck to enjoy the cool-but-not-cold evening and the fabulous views of the Gold Coast. Of course ... being good bloggers, there were also some photos to be taken ...



... it was dueling cameras at five paces! Tee! Hee! Hee! OK ... so ... we were all just a LITTLE bit excited to finally be meeting up! :0) Then we kicked back and chatted for a while ...



And chatted ... and laughed ... and chatted ... you get the picture!! How lovely to find that we all enjoy each others company in person as much as we do online! :0) With the sparkling lights of the coast and ...


... a pile of gifties on the table (great minds think alike!! Tee! Hee! Hee!) ... along with the good food and good company, it was almost like Christmas ... though we decided it must be like Christmas in some European country, since it was cool enough for jumpers and our Aussie Christmas is usually singlet and shorts weather. Tee! Hee! Hee!

So ... that's how my weekend began ... I'll be back soon to share more of our blogging buddy play date and what mischief ... er ... ADVENTURES!! ... we got up to ... gotta keep you in suspenders a LITTLE bit! :0) Hope your weekend was fantastic and that your week is off to a great start. Til next time ...

BLOGGING BUDDY BEAR HUGS!!
CHEERS!
KRIS

P.S. OPAM gals ... it's that time of the month again! Don't forget to update your sidebar lists with your finishes for August and/or email Peg or I with your tally!!

10 comments:

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Oh my... I look almost tipsy in that photo [giggle]. Must have been overwhelmed with excitement.

What an amazing weekend spent with such lovely bloggy friends. Should I be worried about the photographic evidence in the next post?
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Mistea said...

Looks like fun all round. Pretty pressies you shared.

Anonymous said...

oh boy Kris what a wonderful post,what a fantastic idea for a get together and it was great that the hubbies joined in as well,it all makes for a great time.xoxo

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

What fun! Looks like a great place to stay. Lovely pics.

Linda Lilly Cottage said...

Hi lovely Kris, if Kerryanne looks tipsy I look positively plastered in that group photo...it was a simply fabulous weekend and I am so glad I made it! It was just the way we knew it should have been...and you know what I hadn't even noticed the power lines i just thought it was magical!! Another wonderful weekend with you and your DH and to finally 'meet' Kerryanne..yay!! The icing on the cupcake ooooorrr the topping on the ICE CREAM..hehehehe.
Kiss Noises Linda

Susan In Texas said...

Sounds heavenly. Did your DH have a good time too?

Susan in Texas

Sheila said...

How special the three of you have finally met , I know you must have had a wonderful time .

Chookyblue...... said...

some amazing friendships have been formed thru blogging.......wonderful isn't it......

Val said...

Oh this looks so fun! Can't wait to hear more. I am an OPAM girl but started out with Peg so I always email her but check in with you often to see what you are up to.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You really did have a good time..great photos...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...