Friday 21 August 2015

Queen Of Procrastination!!

That's me ... the Queen of Procrastination! :0) Here it is, my first 'free' Friday at home in months and I should be writing pattern instructions ... but I'm not! OOPS! :0) Instead, I've allowed myself to be sidetracked all over the house, cruised around "The Dark Side", read a few blog posts that have come into my RSS feeds in my email folder, written a list of what I need to do this weekend ... I even contemplated doing some washing ... but it's icky and overcast today, so crossed that one of the procrastination list! Tee! Hee! Hee!

I also decided it was the perfect time to put a few things away that Mum had unearthed, during her unpacking, that she no longer wanted/had space for. They've downsized from a two-storey, three bedroom, office, granny flat house to a two bedroom with office unit and although Mum is a champion chucker-outer, she's finding a few things weren't 're-housed' during their packing up process. My favourite so far is this ...

... It's a dessert/cake set that Mum and Dad received as a wedding gift almost 48 years ago. You can even see the original gift card tucked up behind the serving spoon there. :0) It' silver and as you can see, it needs a good clean up and polish, but I just love it, especially that it's still in its original box. Into the future, my Beloved Geek Boy and I intend to host special afternoon tea and high tea events, so I'm always on the lookout for pretty tea cups/trio sets, pretty cake plates, gorgeous teapots and pretty dessert cutlery. My collection is growing ... it's a good thing we moved into a bigger house last year, right?! :0)

A quick update on GB's broken foot ... firstly, a HUGE thank you to all of you who commented or emailed to wish GB a speedy recovery. He asked me to thank you all for your thoughts and concern. Secondly, after having a few grey hairs scared into us when, on GB's return visit to the hospital, the Dr started mentioning surgery (EEP!!) ... the Dr finally decided that surgery wasn't needed (PHEW!!) and that a particularly unattractive support shoe worn for five weeks should do the trick. WOW! Very thankful prayers said here, I can tell you! It means that, although GB still has to go easy on his foot, stay off it as much as possible and keep it elevated as much as possible, he can ditch the clumsy crutches (which he tended to leave leaning in walkways where I almost tripped over them!!) and can be much more mobile than first thought. This has been great news for us, as we have a LOT of events, activities and visitors over the next 6 weeks. It DOES count GB out of any dancing competitions, though! Tee! Hee! Hee!

OK ... I guess I've procrastinated enough and I really need to get down to writing some pattern instructions (BLECH!!). Otherwise Matron Marion will be after me with a wooden spoon! Tee! Hee! Hee! Hope your Friday is toodling along nicely and that you're having a productive day ... or at least enjoying your procrastination! Tee! Hee! Hee! Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS

4 comments:

Maria said...

Oh sew sorry to hear about GBs foot but pleased it's not as bad as first thought....

Love the desert set you scored from your Mum. Will be lovely to have special teas and high teas at your home beautiful setting.

We are sitting in our Humpy at the Sunshine Coast ( hahahaha!!!!! It's pouring and muddy)
Off to Kilcoy tomorrow and hope to go to Toowoomba afterwards..then on to Brisbane.

KimM said...

Lovely treasures from your Mum. Hope GB is healing nicely.
xxx

Jeanette said...

Fabulous dessert/cake set from your Mum. I'm slightly green. Just kidding. I'm always haunting places to collect things like you have listed. One of my daughters & i were kicking around an idea similar to yours hence the collecting. Glad to read there isn't going to be surgery on GB's foot. Hope all goes well for him. Hugs,xx

Judy S. said...

Hmmmmm....thought I was the Procrastination Queen!?! Hope you are having a good weekend. It's finally raining a little here, much needed, but the wind that came along, not so much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...