Thursday 3 March 2016

Spreading The Love!!

How's that for a positive start to March?! Well ... it IS my birthday month after all, so I DO think it's rather special! Tee! Hee! Hee! But that's not the love I'm spreading around. Do you remember last post I showed you my gumby-patchworker's larger version of a pieced heart block?

Well ... I actually HEARTED it quite a lot! :0) Which sparked all kinds of creative lightning bolts in my designers brain and suddenly, I wasn't just satisfying my curiosity about whether or not I could make this block ... I was using it as the building block for a new quilt design! UH! OH! Tee! Hee! Hee!

Now what with fighting off nasty, hang-y-on-y infection bugs and meeting 'grown up' expectations, there hasn't been as much sewing time as I would've liked, but I DID dig through my stash of cheerful bright batik fabrics to come up with ...

MORE pieced hearts! I have to say I really am LOVING how these are coming up. I need to make a few more ... but need to stock up on a few more batiks ... oh-dear-what-a-shame! Tee! Hee! Hee! Hee! Hmm ... should've lined the Fabulous Fiona up to bring me some back from her recent holiday. Opportunity missed! :0) Stay tuned to find out what I do with these pretties, cos I have FUN plans! :0)

Moving right along ... OPAMers ... we've slipped into a new month ... have you emailed your list of finishes to me or my GORGEOUS Partner-In-Crime Sweet Peg? Have you updated your list of finishes on your sidebar list? If the answer to these questions is "NO" then ... GET HOPPING!! :0) Sweet Peg and I will be blog hopping on the weekend, so scamper along and get caught up to help us. I'm looking forward to seeing what you've all been creating.

And as I sign off today, I thought I'd show you the view from our front verandah at the moment ...

The plumbago along our front pathway is just GORGEOUS at the moment. It's such a pretty blue colour against the sandstone path ... not that many people who visit really SEE it, because most people who visit come to the back door!! Does that happen at your place? We joke that only strangers come to our front door ... and door-knockers! :0)

Righto ... I'm off to consider our choices for dinner while I enjoy repeats of Dr Who. :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS





4 comments:

KimM said...

What a beautiful picture of your front walkway. And what beautiful hearts! Is there a pattern you could steer me to?
Many thanks

Cheryll said...

I would walk up to the front door...just to enjoy that gorgeous pathway...xox

Melody said...

Love your hearts. Sorry no finished for me this month

Fiona said...

your batik hearts are lovely... maybe we need a trip to Bali together??? haha...
The plumbago does look lovely ....

Hugz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...