Saturday 8 July 2017

Birthday Celebrations!

Hello to everyone out there in blogland! I hope your weekend is off to a great start. Here at the Meares' Madhouse it's been party central. :0) This week my Dad celebrated his 70th birthday ... He's still a spring chicken, really. :0) So today we gathered some of Dad's friends to eat way too much & enjoy cake. Tee! Hee! Hee!


Our dining room expanded for the day to fit everyone in.


There's the birthday boy up the end of the table. And it's not a proper birthday without cake ...


Aaaaaw ... Pretty cake! 


Make a wish & blow out the candles. 


Here's Dad with his girls ... Yours truly, my Sort-Of-Sister Tiffy & Mum. And can you see the inside of the cake?


Rainbow cake! :0) I'd love to say we made the cake, but we didn't. It was a Cheesecake Shop treat & was DEEEEEEEEE-LICIOUS!


See! Finger-lickin' good! :0) And Dad received a pretty special giftie from Mum's clever clogs friend Marg ...


Hmmm ... What is it? A frame? Sort of ...


... A miniature of Dad's office. There's the print of Uluru that he has on his wall, mini jigsaw puzzles ... Including one that is half together with all the mini-mini bits! There's a can of coke, golf clubs, even his cricket trophy. So clever.


And here's the photo that will convince you I'm really adopted! Tee! Hee! Hee! Love ya heaps, Pa!

Oh! And at the end of the party, the cake looked a bit different ...


I think we all enjoyed it! :0)

And after all the mad preparations of the last couple of weeks, I think tomorrow will be all about my Beloved Geek Boy & me sleeping in & being slugs. :0) I MIGHT motivate myself to do some sewing ... But I might just veg in front of a movie ... Or two or three! :0)

Whatever you're up to for the weekend, I hope you get to spend some time with the special people in your life. Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 

5 comments:

sunny said...

Fun party! And that cake looks scrumptious! You might look just a wee little bit like your dad. LOL!

Chookyblue...... said...

The cake looks amazing...... Looks like a fun day for your dad so that's great.....while your slugging it today I'll be out doing cattle work.....either driving or preg testing......it's going to be a big long day either way.....and the frost will be in the ground for awhile I think to start.........

Michelle Ridgway said...

Happy birthday Kris' Dad! What a fun celebration. Love the cake....we had the same at a recent family party too. How clever is your Dads card. So glad he celebrated in style x

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Happy birthday to your dear dad ....what an awesome cake....beautiful photos ❤️❤️❤️

Maria said...

What a fun party 🎉 for your Dad and that cake 🎂 is fantastic...
Hmm don't think your are adopted...lol....
Hope you had a relaxing day today.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...