Thursday 28 December 2017

There's No Place Like Home!

Holidays are wonderful ... Going to new places, seeing new things ... But sometimes having a 'home-i-day' is just what the doctor ordered. You know ... A 'holiday' at home. :0)

We had a relaxing, low-key Christmas Day with my folks who are house sitting in the local area & our day was topped off with a bit of Christmas magic ...


The biggest, brightest double rainbow I have seen for years! The photo really doesn't show it off properly. Sadly we couldn't see the ends of it so didn't know where to dig for the pot of gold. It's a shame ... Our holiday could have become permanent. :0)

And for the last few days, I've been hanging out at home. There's been some sewing ... Remember this?


Well now it looks like this ...


I'm loving these pretty fabrics. I had originally thought to just add inner & outer borders ... But now I'm toying with appliqué ideas ... I can't help myself. :0)

While my new ideas bubble away on the back burner, I've moved on to a task I've been procrastinating about for a while ...


... Writing pattern instructions. SIGH! The cricket is keeping me company through the day, as you can see in the background, & in the late afternoon ...


... Some of our local wildlife is providing company. This is my view out the dining room French doors where I've been sitting to type. Can you spot them? Black cockatoos. We have a big flock of them living in our area & in hot weather they visit us morning & evening to take advantage of the bird baths & big water pot we have in our garden. They're so interesting to watch & seem to have a better & more orderly system of coming in to land than Heathrow airport. :0) The only drawbacks are they tend to break branches with their strong beaks while they wait their turn ... & the noise! :0)

So ... That's what's happening here at the Meares' Madhouse. Are you enjoying a holiday or a 'homi-i-day' ... Or are you back to having to be a grown up? Whatever you're up to as 2017 winds down I hope you're finding the beauty & joy in the everyday. :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS


 


 


 


 


 

3 comments:

sunny said...

What a pretty view out your window! It has turned uncharacteristically cold here, so a couple of the tentative plans we had did not happen. Totally a Homiday for us. And since we're both retired, we don't have to go back to acting like grown-ups! WE go where we want, when we want, and even take an afternoon nap if we want. Life is so good. Happy New Year!!

Sharm said...

It's lovely to catch a glimpse of your outside view - we used to have black cockatoos with strips of red in the tails when we lived at Kinglake - here we are struggling with super large flocks of the white ones creating havoc, so yes the noise and damage hmmmmm! Glad to see some pattern writing happening - is this for bears? Love how those blocks have sewn together ....but yes, I'm with you .....I do see appliqué, I see a lovely rambling vine with leaves and a couple of flowers......... I wonder what appliqué you see on it??? Yes, we too are enjoying a home I day ......and it's become quite the creative space at my house with lots on the go these past few days ......now if I could just give up work lol

Janice said...

We’ve had a quiet time at home this Christmas as well. I’ve also heard it referred to as a “Staycation”. The cricket provided the backdrop here as well and a little stitching got done. I live that you get visiting birds in your garden. Tomorrow I return to my grown up job, so back to reality. Have a wonderful New Year. We will be visiting your area in February, so if it is on a day you are at work I may get to say “Hi”.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...